Soggy Sunday Roll Call

bvohl
on 8/13/11 11:17 pm
Good Morning PA!!

I was awoken by the sound of thunder and two eight year olds bantering! I went into the bathroom and found a yogurt spill hidden under the bath rug! WTF??? Came downstairs and Dee's friend stepped on the cat bowl and spilled all the food! Had to clean that up! Then she did it AGAIN!! AARRGGHH!!! Had to clean it up a second time! They are in the basement now so I can have a few minutes to myself while I wake up with some coffee! It is going to be a LONG day....

After Dee's friend leaves I plan on taking a nap and relaxing!! The rest of the day is up in the air...

Wish me luck!
Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

jojobear98
on 8/13/11 11:34 pm - Gettysburg, PA
Oh my Beth. LOL. Not exactly the best way to wake up in the morning!

I planned on going to the Farmer's Market this morning, but with this rain, I may not. Today has me picking up a few groceries for some meals this week. Cooking this afternoon and mostly just being lazy. Nothing to exciting on my agenda. I worked Friday and Saturday so I am hoping to just chill today.

Hope everyone enjoys their sunday.

When life hands you lemons, ask for tequila & salt and give me a call!

IdaMae D.
on 8/14/11 1:01 am - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning Beth:
I've been up since 3:30am.  Got a phone call from my dad's emergency service, apparently he fell out of his chair.  The alarm folks called my brother, he went over to get dad into bed.  Dad refuses to go to the hosptial so getting him up and into bed was all my brother could do. 

I had planned to go see dad today since we have not spoken since my brother called to tell me that they decided that dad be signed up for hospice.  Not sure if I'll be able to do that without any sleep yet. 

AFter I got off the phone with the alarm company I thought let me check the basement since it is raining, OMFG what a mess.  Water everywhere, water pouring in from the windows in the new basement, pouring in through the walls in the old basement.  The dirt is caving in aroudn the foundation so the water is just laying there in puddles, I'm guessing that as the water lays there it is finding ways to come in through the basement walls and flooding the entire basement.  What a mess, and I'm exhausted....And to top it off Gene and I just checked the weather channel - they are forecasting 2-3 more days of this.

Hope everyone stays dry..

Ida

IdaMae

bvohl
on 8/14/11 1:29 am
Ida,

Please call an attorney ASAP and sue the pants off of the GC!! This is so not right. He should have to come out and clean up the mess he left NOT you and Gene! Iam sending you strength and positive thoughts to get through the next couple of days.....

Hang in there!

((HUGS))

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 8/14/11 1:47 am - Philadelphia, PA
thank you Beth....your positive thoughts are much appreciated by both of us....

IdaMae

lauraanne715
on 8/14/11 2:02 am - Pottstown, PA
Oh Ida...I am so sorry you are going through this!! BIG HUGS!!!! Sending good thoughts your way today!!!

Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Patricia R.
on 8/14/11 4:27 am - Perry, MI

Hi Ida,
I echo Beth's encouragement to call an attorney.  This is not right, and the General Contractor should be held accountable for the damage to your basement. 

In the meantime, I am praying for you and Gene to have wisdom and strength to get through this with your sanity. 

Hugs and Prayers,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

lauraanne715
on 8/14/11 2:00 am - Pottstown, PA
Good morningish!!

Beth--Hope the girls leave you some sanity !!! Hope the day isn't too stressful! ((HUGS))

As for me..we went to mass at 8am then went food shopping...got home put the food away and hubby wanted to make bread but we realized we forgot to get the bread flour..s back out to the store in the rain...came home and read the paper while hubby started the bread.

Just made it back to the computer to check in...pretty much a lazy Sunday here...will prob be taking a nap soon...I'm exhausted! But I did survive the shopping trip at the outlets yesterday with Hubby's daughter and her mother...it was painful but we made it through then hubby took me out to dinner and the mall and I got a new dress to help me make through the last few weeks of the pregnancy! He is so sweet...also got really cute pj set for the hospital to wear after labor and delivery :-)

So just gonna veg out here at home!!

Enjoy the Sunday with no sun!!

Much luv!!
Laura

Laura
"Two roads diverged in a wood..and I took the one less travelled by and that has made all the difference." -Robert Frost
Over 176+ lbs lost since surgery!! :-)
See my profile for my OH Blog!!

Patricia R.
on 8/14/11 4:22 am - Perry, MI
Greetings Beth and PA,
Well, I went to church, and got a couple of boxes from my sis-in-law for my move.  Then, I stopped at Acme for a few groceries.  Got soaked going in and coming out.  Got soaked carrying the groceries into the apartment.  Before church, Utley got soaked going potty.  I have a terrific poncho for me to wear so I stay dry.  It frees my hands in case I have to clean up something.

I worked yesterday, and failed to post, because I came home exhausted and was not on the computer much.  Basically, I was brain dead.  I am overdue for my B12 shot, and I have been taking the sublinguals the past few days, BUT, I think I need my iron level checked.  I feel like I did last Spring, when I needed the iron infusions. 

The Phillies game is postponed because of this lovely weather.  I have packing to do, so I have plenty to keep me off the street and out of trouble.  I need to take my curtains down and pack them, except for my bedroom.  I get a ton of afternoon/evening sun in my bedroom and living room, and my bedroom does not have an air conditioner in it, so I have room darkening curtains in there.  Those curtains are not coming down until the last day. 

I hope everyone stays safe in this weather.  I should not complain about the rain, which we sorely need.  I just wi**** had rained yesterday, when I was at work, instead of today, when I have off.  Well, it's not the end of the world. 

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

dit657
on 8/14/11 6:39 am - Boothwyn, PA
Good afternoon everyone. I have been a total slug today. Walked the dog and that's the most productive thing I've done all day. Last two nights I have not slept well at all. Took a 2 hour nap this afternoon. Feeling better now.

Waiting for my niece to call so we can finalize some plans for my brothers benefit. Need to know how many people she has coming so we can gauge beer and salads. Make sure she has someone to make the pig, etc.

Back to work tomorrow. Sending many prayers to Ida and gene as they battle the elements and the severe flooding and cave-ins that they're experiencing.

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views